skip to main content

Verruca Treatment

Stubborn, painful verruca? Call Newcastle Podiatry 07904 681477. We are only one step away!

Verruca Treatment?

Call 07904 681477

Verrucas are a skin infection caused by the human papilloma virus. The virus invades the outermost layer of the skin (epidermis) causing visible lesions to appear on the skin.

Do you want that stubborn Verruca removed?

Good news 

Newcastle Podiatry are our expert Podiatrits working here are Gosforth Physio. We are proud to be one of Newcastle’s most popular destinations for verrucae treatment, providing the highly effective Faulkner Method with outstanding results.

Treatment

In the majority of cases verrucae are painless and may resolve over time without the need for treatment. However in some cases verrucae can be long-standing and it can take up to five years for the virus to leave your system abefor the verruca disappears.

If your verruca is painful, causes you distress or embarrassment or is continuing to grow or spread, you may want to consider treatments.

We offer a range of safe and effective verruca therapies including the use of salicylic acid, silver nitrate & cryotherapy (treatment using low temperature). We also now offer the latest and highly effective evidence-based Faulkner Method (verruca needling therapy).

Faulkner Method

This is a minor procedure where a very fine needle is used to puncture your verruca repeatedly to break down the tissue and re-introduce the virus into the blood stream. The most common problem when treating verrucae with conventional treatments are that your body does not develop its own immunity to the virus. This is why they often return or spread around your feet and hands. This highly skilled technique is only undertaken by our degree qualified and HCPC registered podiatrist.

How often do I need to get this done?

We have a success rate of over 80% of verrucae’s being fully resolved after 6 months, and of the remaining 20% found a significant reduction in size and pain. In contrast to many traditional verrucae treatments such as cryotherapy or silver nitrate, this treatment option should only ever need to be done once.

Is this painful?

This treatment method is performed under local anaesthetic. We numb a small area of your skin or the entire foot. The anaesthetic will only last for a few hours and minimal pain should be experienced the following day. A fully protective dressing will be placed over the verrucae and the area will be offloaded with padding so that you should not feel discomfort when walking. Regular activities can be resumed within 48 hours, depending on the size and area of your verrucae.

Is needling the only treatment option?​

There are multiple other treatment options such as silver nitrate or cryotherapy which are still beneficial if needling is not appropriate for you due to medical reasons. We always suggest that you discuss treatment options with your podiatrist James, please call 07904 681477.

Interested in Newcastle Podiatry & Foot Clinic?

Book a class or get in touch to start your recovery today.

Let's get started!
Do you want to be pain free, fitter, stronger and perform to your maximum?
Let's get started by taking action today.
Video/Phone consultation
Book in with our expert Physiotherapists to start getting to the root cause of your problem.
Book a Call
Get in touch
Call us on 0191 284 9111 or send us a message about booking, appointments or any questions you may have.
Contact us
Do Pilates from Home
Live stream our physio-led pilates classes from home. Stay calm and get stronger, we'll bring the isolated together.
Online Pilates
Better by 5

Over 90% of our patients get ‘Better by 5’ sessions.

If you need any of our physiotherapy, sports injury, sports massage or acupuncture services, you should see and feel a real difference by the end of your fifth session.

If, on the other hand, there is no improvement in your clinical condition or in the way you feel – we STOP after the fifth session. At that point, we reassess the reasons why there has been no apparent improvement and, if necessary, we can organise scans and letters to GP's and Consultants. You can be sure that we will never continue treating you unless there is a positive benefit – and only when you (and we) agree on your treatment plan.

Get in touch
Latest News
Keep up to date with happenings at Gosforth Physio
We're accredited by
APPI Logo
CSP
HCPC
PF Member
OSGO
SOR - Society of Radiographers
We work with insurance companies
AVIVA
AXA
Bupa
Cigna
Nuffield
PruHealth
Simply Health
WPA